This workshop helps teachers and librarians use storytelling as a basic teaching strategy. You will learn to:
● Tell stories from literature in a compelling and unforgettable way
● Use voice, facial expression, gestures, movement and timing to help shape the story
● Successful strategies for remembering and retaining stories
● Take a simple story and make it uniquely your own through description, dialogue and details
● Involve your audience in the telling
● Use stories as springboards for writing, drama, and art activities.
Michale’s expert perspective on storytelling in education has been featured on the Johns Hopkins University School of Education website.